Vegan Instant Pot Recipe: Easy Mango Sticky Rice
If you're looking for an easy vegan dessert recipe made in an Instant Pot, then make this mango sticky rice for a sweet and savory treat, without the dairy. Save money and time with this unique recipe that features jasmine rice, coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch to create a creamy rice base, and ripe mangoes and sesame seeds for a sweet, nutty topping. All you need is eight minutes to prep this dish and 15 minutes to cook it in your Instant Pot. Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk and give it a good shake before using it. Enjoy!
Editor's Note: If you're not a fan of mango, try using fresh pineapple, guava, peaches, papaya, or fresh berries instead! Top the rice with toasted coconut in place of sesame seeds, if desired.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Easy Mango Sticky Rice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 3⁄4 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup ripe mango slices, chilled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- To the Instant Pot®, add all Sticky Rice ingredients.
- Close the lid; turn the knob to Sealing.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure, then remove the lid.
- While the rice is cooking, make the Coconut Sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water to make a slurry. When coconut milk mixture comes to a boil, whisk in the slurry for about 1–2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add 1⁄4 cup Coconut Sauce to the rice in the Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Replace the lid and let cool for 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon rice into a bowl and arrange mango slices over rice. Pour remaining coconut sauce over the top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. May be served warm or cold.
CALORIES: 1,012 | FAT: 58g | PROTEIN: 13g | SODIUM: 471mg
FIBER: 2g | CARBOHYDRATES: 113g | SUGAR: 28g
Excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Cooking for One Recipe Book by Lisa Childs. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.