This Capital Region Town Has a Nudist Camp! Want to Get Naked NY?
We have a few more weeks of Spring left but with the warm temps we have enjoyed this week it feels like Summer is already here. Time to shed some clothing and literally "hang out".
Believe it or not there are more than a few spots to get nude in New York. Here are some official and unofficial naked and nude destinations and one is right here in the Capital Region.
- Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers is one place where you can let it all hang out. Maybe this destination was created out of the Summer of Love as they have been a nudist campground for over 50 years!
Potters Falls in Ithaca, NY. This is one of those unofficial nudity destinations. Technically you aren't supposed to 'skinny dip' here but you'd have to tell that to the thousands that tan their belly and even do the belly flop at Six Mile Creek.
- Stony Kill Falls in New Paltz, New York. According to New York Upstate there are 2 places to swim in your birthday suit. Stony Kill Falls and Split Rock Hole (giggity) encourage nude swimming and Hike the Hudson Valley even has a page on their site for 'naked people'.
If you choose to head to one of the official, natural clothes-free, destinations, Ranker has some good 'do's and don'ts':
- Underwear and/or suggestive attire are not allowed
- Must carry a towel at all times
- Photos not allowed
- Make sure you are actually at a clothes-free acceptable place. That could get awkward quickly
- Bring extra sun block