Cuomo Expects Casino Revenue to Reach $430 Million
New York State Gov. Andrew Cuomo predicts four casinos planned for upstate New York could generate as much as $430 million a year.
The Gov.'s budget office says the money would be split between state and local governments, 80 percent of it going to schools, and the remaining 20 percent for local governments and lowering property taxes.
The fate of the casinos is up to voters, however. They must decide on a change to the state’s constitution in November.
The plan would put a casino in the Catskills, the eastern southern tier, Albany, and Long Island.