Beware Of Scam Calls Claiming To Be Fundraisers
The Delaware County Sheriff’s office is reminding people to be aware of calls from people claiming to be collecting money for fundraising opportunities.
Get our free mobile app
One resident had received a phone call from someone who identified themselves as a member of the national fireman’s associations who was aggressive in their intent to gain personal information and a monetary donation.
Delaware County Sheriff Craig DuMund said in a news release that just because someone identifies themselves or organization using the words police, firefighter or first responder, it doesn’t make them a legitimate recognized organization.
The DCSP suggests the following:
- Don’t be intimidated if you receive one of these calls
- Ask for identification as many states require fundraising organizations to have legal credentials.
- Ask how your contribution will be used
- Never give donations through credit debit or cash with verification.
- Be aware of rewards you may receive if you make a donation
TAKE A :LOOK: Lucille Ball's Chenango County Vacation Retreat